Anyone who enters the Port Taranaki Restricted Operations Area must have completed the online induction.
To complete the induction, you will need:
- A valid New Zealand Government issued photo ID (eg driver’s licence, firearms licence, NZ passport)
Your induction is valid for two years, after which you will need to renew your induction.
Taking the induction
- Click the ‘Take the Induction Test’ link below.
- Complete the registration form.
- You must answer anything with a * beside it.
- Click the link ‘SUBMIT’ at the bottom of the registration page, which will take you to the questions.
- If you close or refesh your browser during the induction you will need to start again. Please wait for the confirmation page to load once submitted.
- Once you have completed the questions successfully, submit the induction. You will receive an email with links to maps, minimum standards and information about obtaining access cards.
- If you do not receive the email, please check your spam or junk folder.
If you need help, please call 06 759 9783.
Port Taranaki offers two types of induction:
- General access to site, plus access to Newton King Tanker Terminal (NKTT) – For people who require access to the NKTT
- General access to site – For all other people